A programmer can be someone who develops or maintains software on a large mainframe system or someone who develops software primarily for use on personal computers.
Recommended training: To be a computer programmer, a technical course diploma is required, which can be taken in parallel or after completing high school. As it is a competitive market, however, extra courses are important to differentiate the curriculum at the time of selection.
- list or read program specifications, detailed by a systems analyst, that show step by step the tasks that the computer needs to perform;
- analyze the problem and the best way to solve it;
- prepare diagrams to show the sequence of procedures to be adopted by the machine;
- encode these instructions into a computer language;
- after the instructions are ready and implemented, the programmer must test the entire system, through simulation, to check for failures and possible adjustments;
- if accessories (printers, fax cards) are connected to the system, rewrite the control programs for these accessories so that they become compatible with the news;
- test all modifications until there are no more problems and check their efficiency with the systems analyst.
Salary: Between R $ 1,800 to R $ 9,000 reais
This is a basis for the areas of activity of the information technology sector. The other areas are based a lot on what these professionals are assigned.